Low-profile ceiling fans are the perfect ceiling fans for houses with low ceilings. Also known as hugger ceiling fans or flush-mounted ceiling fans, they are different from normal fans because they are mounted on a flush or a mounting bracket instead of the usual downrod.
The downrod sizes of ceiling fans can range between 2 inches to 10 inches, which may not be ideal for homes with low ceilings. This is where low-profile ceiling fans come into advantage.
They are usually preferable for rooms which have a height of less than 8 feet. Their compact size helps in keeping the ceiling fan above the recommended floor clearance level.
In this article we have reviewed the Best Hugger Ceiling Fans with Light and we hope our reviews guide you to pick the best.
Since hugger ceiling fans are relatively smaller than the usual ceiling fans, they also help in making a small room have a larger look to it.
Flush-mounted ceiling fans are the best for homes that are located in places with moderate heat. This is because the close proximity of their blades to the ceiling might compromise their air movement capacity to a very slight extent, but they enable perfect enhancement of air conditioning or heated air.
A hugger ceiling fan with light serves two purposes at the same time- not only does it save floor clearance space, but it also provides a source of lighting up the room. This is especially beneficial for small rooms, rooms with less ceiling space, or rooms with fewer lighting requirements.
Best Hugger Ceiling Fans with Light – Our Picks
HUNTER 59242 Dempsey Indoor Low Profile Ceiling Fan
The Hunter 59242 is perfect for every house which has a modern and minimalist styling to it. The fan has dimensions of 52 inches x 52 inches x 12.27 inches, making it the ideal size for a hugger ceiling fan. This ceiling fan is suited for the indoor setup and can be installed in a variety of rooms such as the living room, lounge, bedroom, and the nursery.
- The Hunter 59242 has good air movement power which ensures satisfactory reach and air circulation through the entire room.
- The fan also comes with an option to change its air flow options from downdraft mode in summers to updraft mode in winters.
- A remarkable feature of the fan is its quiet performance, which makes it the best low-profile ceiling fan for maintaining a soothing calmness.
- The remote control function of the fan makes it easy to control it from wherever we are sitting without any hassle of getting up.
- The brightness of the fan’s LED light can be easily adjusted depending on our needs.
- The light might switch off at times due to overheating issues. However, this is temporary and lasts for a very short period of time. It is annoying, nonetheless.
The Emerson CF905ORB rightly stands second on our list of best flush-mounted ceiling fans with lights. The fan has a dimension of 52 inches x 52 inches x 52 inches. The fan is available in four different shades of brushing steel, venetian bronze, oil-rubbed bronze, and satin white. This makes it the perfect fit for homes which have a rustic look to them. The fan achieves an airflow of 5415CFM at its highest speed, with an airflow efficiency of 80CFM/Watt.
- The fan is of sturdy build and is known for lasting extremely long in working condition. This saves users on the hassle of repairs and upgradations.
- The fan and its control unit are very easy to install and do not take much time to set up.
- The company has a history of exceptionally prompt responses to any problems in the workings of the fan, ensuring quick repair or replacement services on the off-chance that the fan malfunctions.
- The fan is well-balanced and many users have reported no need for balancing the blades despite a balancing kit included in the fan’s packaging.
- There are accessories like wireless remotes and light kits available in the market which users can purchase to further complement their fan.
- The fan might make a very faint humming or buzzing sound when it is working at full speed. This is usually not an issue with most people, but might be a distraction for those who desire absolute silence.
Harbor Breeze Mazon
The Harbor Breeze Mazon is a hugger ceiling fan consisting of three blades that have a span of 44 inches. Its 18 Watt LED bulb provides ample lighting, and the low-profile ceiling fan provides an amazing airflow of 2,069 CFM at its highest air speed. The fan is extremely compact with the dimensions of 21.8 inches x 11.7 inches x 11 inches that makes it suitable for very small rooms having an area of up to 100 square feet.
- The light bulb of the fan emits a warm light and easily manages to provide sufficient lighting.
- This flush-mounted ceiling fan provides amazing airflow with minimal noise to the point that it is non-existent.
- Considering its quality and durability, the fan is extremely affordable and definitely a good bargain.
- The fan comes in the colour of brush nickel, which is unlike most ceiling fans in general. This makes this low-profile ceiling fan the perfect fit for houses having a modern styling.
- The Harbor Breeze Mazon comes in a slightly tricky packaging with the blades packed right at the top. Thus, owners have to be careful while unpacking it so that they do not accidentally scratch the shining blades in the process.
The Honeywell 50197 is a plush-mounted ceiling fan that comes in a beautiful bronze colour with an oil-rubbed finish. The fan is just what is needed to complete the aesthetic appeal of a room based on a rustic style. It is compact with the dimensions of 8.74 inches x 13.7 inches x 27.17 inches. The blades cover a span of 48 inches and provide an excellent airflow capacity of 5,202 CFM at the highest speed. The bulb attached to this low-profile ceiling fan is protected by a delicate white glass and is of 40 Watts.
- The fan comes with three light bulbs to replace them one after the other as they dim and lose strength.
- The blades are designed with two different finishes- cimarron and ironwood- on two sides.
- The fan does not require any balancing upon installation.
- The fan comes with smart commands that can be given via the remote. These consist of commands like ‘Smart Sync’ and ‘Walk Away Light Delay’.
- The Honeywell 50197 also comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty within the scope of certain terms and conditions.
- While the fan provides excellent airflow all around the room, it is slightly compromised directly underneath it.
Prominence Home 50860
The Prominence Home 50860 is a flush-mounted ceiling fan with the dimensions 42 inches x 42 inches x 7.22 inches. The fan is suited for rooms having an area of about 350 square feet. It has a reversible motor and offers airflow at three different speeds. The steel finish of the bronze coloured low-profile ceiling fan makes it look very much at home in rooms based on a variety of styles, whether it is minimalist or rustic.
- The airflow provided by the Prominence Home 50860 is excellent and covers every corner of the room.
- The reversible motor also allows facilitating flow of warm air throughout the room during winter months.
- The fan is compatible with bulbs spanning across a large range of Wattages, making the lighting component very easy to replace.
- The fan has a chic finish, which gives it an expensive look despite being very reasonable.
- The fan is controlled by a chain. This means that users will have to get up and walk to the chain to control the fan. This might or might not be a bothersome issue depending on people, since many fans nowadays are controlled by remotes.
Portage Bay 50251
The Portage Bay 50251 is a hugger ceiling fan with five blades that cover a span of 52 inches. It is a compact fan having dimensions 19.91 inches x 8.45 inches x 10.65 inches, and covers a small length of 11.5 inches from the ceiling to the lighting unit. The fan is in a matte black colour and compliments rooms of all styles.
- The fan allows reverse airflow, which enables its usage both in summers as well as winters.
- The lighting of the fan can be dimmed from 100% to 10% and is of 600 lumens.
- The blades of the fan have dual finish of Matte Black and Siberian Walnut.
- This low-profile ceiling fan is extremely easy to install and requires no technical expertise to achieve this.
- While the fan does provide ample lighting, it is not extremely bright. As a result, the light may seem a bit dim to users who were expecting it to be brighter than average.