Growing plants indoors is something that is no longer a fantasy. Moreover, it is more convenient and easy than soil plantation. It guarantees your plants thriving all year round.
There are some rules that you need to follow for your indoor grow system to flourish to its greatest extent. You should have the best grow system, indoor lights, and temperature monitors. Along with these, you also need to invest in the best oscillating fan for grow room.
A grow tent fan ensures that the humidity in the grow room stays at the best point. It makes sure that the air in the room does not start smelling or feeling mushy. Grow tent fans regulate temperature and ventilation depending on your plants’ needs. This helps the plants to grow and blossom without any hassle.
What fan do I need for my grow room?
Fans for the grow room keep your plants free of mold and powdery mildew. There are many factors you need to consider before making the decision to finalize a grow fan. These factors include adequate size and power rating.
As a starter, your best choice would be an in-line duct fan that is greater than the calculated CFM of your grow room. You should consider the price compared to its features and whether a filter comes with the grow fan.
Where should I put my oscillating fan in my grow room?
The placement of the best oscillating fan for the grow room matters for the health and prosperity of your plants. Oscillating grow tent fans blow constant air all around your plants. This helps to keep the grow room cool and improve air circulation within it.
Most of these fans are easy to move around. Setting up your best oscillating fan for the grow room is not much of a hassle. This adds to your convenience, as you can place it at different locations within your grow tent. Changing the location helps to analyze your plants’ behavior respective to that location. A bit of trial and error will lead you to the best place for your clip-on oscillating fan.
Yet, you need to ensure two things while doing this. First, situate your grow fans at such a location that the air from them should reach all corners of the grow room. Second, none of them should point at your plants, to prevent them from ‘windburn’ and damage.
How long should a fan be on in a grow room?
The suggestion is to keep the fans within the grow room turned on at all times during the daylight hours. In the dark hours, adjust the duration according to the temperature outdoors. Make sure that the fans are always in an oscillating motion and never pointing at one plant.
How many CFM do I need for my grow room?
The perfect fan for your grow room will be the one that can replace all the air once per minute. In technical terms, this is known as the CFM (cubic feet per minute) rating. It varies according to the size of your grow room. To determine what your CFM requirements are, calculate the volume of your room by multiplying length, width, and height. Then divide the volume of your room by 3 minutes.
The video guides you to calculate the measurements of fans for grow tents depending upon their size. The products featured in the video include:
· Ideal Air duct collars and couplers,
· Phresh intake filters,
· Hurricane inline extraction fans.
Comparison Table: Best Oscillating Fan For Grow Room
The table below summarizes some of the best oscillating fans for grow rooms. It includes their dimensions and their controller type and their ratings. We hope it helps you to get an idea of which oscillating fan suits your needs the best.
For a detailed insight about the grow fans, you can scroll down below the table. Their extra features will aid you in making a well-researched and well-informed decision.
|Best Oscillating Fan For Grow Room||Header label||Rating|
|1||BESKAR USB Powered Clip on Fan,360° Rotation Quiet Stroller Fan with Strong Airflow, 3 Speeds Portable Small Fan with Sturdy Clamp, Perfect Personal Cooling Fan for Office Table Bedroom Kitchen||Check Price||9.8/10|
|2||Hurricane HGC736506 Wall Mount Fan – 18 Inch, Supreme Series, 90 Degree Oscillation 3 Speed Settings, Adjustable Tilt – ETL Listed, 18-Inch, White||Check Price||9.6/10|
|3||Genesis 6-Inch Clip Convertible Table-Top & Clip Fan Two Quiet Speeds – Ideal For The Home, Office, Dorm, More White||Check Price||9.4/10|
|4||Tornado 16 Inch Digital Wall Mount Fan – Remote Control Included – 3 Speed Settings – 3 Oscillating Settings – 65 Inches Power Cord – UL Safety Listed||Check Price||9.2/10|
|5||Comfort Zone 6 INCH – 2 Speed – Adjustable Tilt, Whisper Quiet Operation Clip-On-Fan with 5.5 Foot Cord and Steel Safety Grill, Black||Check Price||9.0/10|
|6||Hydrofarm Active Air ACF16 Wall Mount Fan, 16 Inch||Check Price||8.8/10|
|7||Air King 9012 Commercial Grade Oscillating Wall Mount Fan, 12-Inch||Check Price||8.6/10|
|8||VIVOSUN 6 Inch Portable Desk Clip On Fan for Home a with 2-Speed Whisper Quiet Operation||Check Price||8.5/10|
The ultimate example of maximum wind power with minimum noise, only 40 dB.
· The clip-on has a strong grip, which ensures that the grow fan does not slide down unnecessarily.
· The 360 degrees vertical and horizontal rotation feature allows it to run upside down.
· The easy to open clamp can be conveniently attached to a thickness of 2.5 inches.
· The rubber on the clamp will not leave any marks on the surface where it is attached.
· The oscillating fan grow tent comes with a guarantee of 24 months, so you can claim any damages that occur to it.
· The company talks high of its customer service and claims that they respond to a complaint within 24 hours of its submission.
· The USB cord needs to be plugged into a power source to operate the oscillating grow tent fan.
· Three speed modes are available, which can be adjusted depending upon your requirements.
· Two movement modes are available. You can either keep it in side to side motion or at a static locked position.
· You can conveniently adjust the airflow direction according to your needs because of its 90 degrees oscillation and adjustable tilt.
· The pull cords of the oscillating grow fan allow you to adjust the oscillation and speed effectively.
· Durability is guaranteed because of its chemical resistant blades, powder-coated steel grill, and a steel support neck.
· The oscillating fan meets the safety testing and quality standards for North America.
· Customer service is not very efficient.
· Two quiet speed options are available, so the working of the fan does not interrupt your routine.
· The dual feature of both grow tent clip-on fan and tabletop fan lets you use it for multiple purposes.
· The adjustable head of the grow fan lets you direct air at your required location.
· Rotating the neck gives you the liberty to supply air in all directions within the grow room.
· The clamp is strong and sturdy and adheres to the surface without slipping away or falling.
· Glossy finish adds to the innovative design, making it attractive as well as practical.
· Overload safety protection with a fuse in the built-in power plug.
· The absence of rubber pads on the clamp might damage the surface to which they are attached.
· The oscillating fan for the grow room runs so quietly that it is impossible to guess whether a fan is operating nearby or not.
· The timer makes it convenient to operate, from duration as less as 30 minutes to as long as 7.5 hours.
· The 90 degrees oscillations keep the entire grow room at an optimum temperature.
· Built-in thermal overload production ensures that the motor on the fan does not catch fire upon continuous usage.
· The remote control can program the oscillating fan for your required needs and requirements.
· The manufacturer offers a three-year claim warranty.
· Assembling instructions is not very clear.
· The best representation of quality, durability, and peace of mind, all in one product.
· This product goes through lots of quality tests because the company cares about the customer experience.
· The clamp on this grow tent clip-on fan is easy to clip and adheres to any surface without leaving a mark on it.
· The fan operates on two speeds, high and low. You can shuffle between them depending on your needs and requirements.
· It cools and circulates the air within the grow room
· The clip fan for the grow tent comes in handy to reduce the humidity levels by tilting its head in any direction you need
· The company offers a lifetime guarantee for this break-resistant fan, so you can try and judge it for yourself.
· The grow fan gives off a burning smell for the first couple of uses.
· The 90 degrees oscillating actions ensure all your plants are well ventilated.
· Smooth and quiet operation keeps your plants while also not disturbing the daily routine of the household.
· The oscillating fan offers great wind power and is also energy efficient at the same time.
· The three-speed settings makes this grow room fan versatile and suitable for varying indoor temperatures and locations.
· The 6-foot power cord makes the fan portable, as you can mount it on any wall you want without worrying about having a power socket nearby.
· The oscillating grow tent fan has two pull chains: one to operate the speed and the other to control the direction.
· Oscillation might discontinue upon non-stop usage.
· The grow tent oscillating fan from Air King is an accurate representation of high quality, energy efficiency, and durability.
· The clip-on has rubber pads on each side, which protect the surface to which it is attached from any damage.
· A versatile option of three speeds: high, medium, and low, for you to choose the one that suits your needs the best.
· You have a choice between two front-mounted starting mechanisms: a rotary switch and a pull cord.
· The front grill of the oscillating fan is made up of impact resistant plastic, making it unbreakable.
· The three blades are chemical resistant, which further adds to the durability of the oscillating fan.
· You can lock its rotation if you want it to blow on a particular place.
· Not very powerful, so only recommended for smaller grow tents.
· The three blades of the fan are angles that promote greater airflow than regular straight fan blades.
· The lightweight mesh around the blades protects you from any mishaps and accidents.
· The compact size of the fan does not take up a lot of room in the grow tent.
· The rotational range is 360 degrees in the horizontal direction and 120 degrees in the vertical direction.
· No-slip steel spring clamps are easily attached to any surface of your choice.
· Not very durable as the motor tends to burn out upon continuous usage.
- Best fire place fans
- Best Fans for Garage Gyms
- Best exhaust fan for the smoking room
- Best bathroom exhaust fan with light -Quiet Ones
- Best ceiling fan for low ceiling
- Best Outdoor Ceiling Fans with Best CFM
- Best Bathroom Fan with Light & Heater
By now, you must have got an idea of why you need the best oscillating fan for a grow room. Once you realize its importance, the next step is to take the plunge and buy one for your grow tent. So, what are you waiting for? Select the one that suits your needs the best, and see your plants grow and thrive like never before!